I know you can’t wait to make this recipe, however, read to the end to follow the steps to achieve this.
3 ingredients banana bread will leave you craving more
- 3 ingredients. You will wonder how possible it is to bake without egg, butter; here’s the reality. Your 3 ingredients needed to achieve this banana bread recipe is – Banana, self-rising flour, and coconut condensed milk or condensed milk.
- Only in One bowl. Here, no multiple bowls or tools are needed – it is just made in one bowl.
- NO mixing cake is required. The traditional banana bread recipes require cake mix, but this recipe doesn’t call for cake mix.
- No butter, egg, and oil. The normal baking of banana bread instructed you to add butter or oil and egg. These 3 ingredients of bread have none of those; the amazing thing is that you can’t differentiate from the taste.
Interestingly, because this 3 ingredient banana bread recipe doesn’t require traditional ingredients, it doesn’t mean it sacrifices the original taste! The texture is moist and soft in the middle, with a golden and tender crumb, unlike the normal way of baking. It’s deliciously sweet and full of banana flavor; you won’t either miss the eggs!
Notably, some person may have limited ingredients on hand, and you’re thinking of what to bake, then these 3 ingredients are the way to put delicious bread on the table because it uses pantry staples. However, all that is needed is to allow your banana to brown, and your recipe is ready.
How to make 3 Ingredients Banana bread (without cake mix!)
3 Ingredients Banana Bread
- Bananas: This is the best way to use your overripe bananas. To achieve your baking, overripe bananas are the only ingredient to use.
- Coconut condensed milk OR condensed milk: why coconut condensed milk or normal condensed milk. To keep a dairy-free diet, I go on coconut condensed milk, but if you are not placing on dairy restriction or vegan free, you can use condensed milk.
- Self-rising flour: A mixture of flour, baking powder, and salt. Always sift your flour carefully before adding it to any recipe.
- Firstly, add the mashed bananas and condensed milk or coconut milk to a mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add the flour gently and mix very thoroughly until a smooth dough remains.
- Transfer the banana bread batter into a greased 7 x 4-inch loaf pan. Place the pan in a preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out mostly clean.
- Let the banana bread cool in the pan completely before slicing and serving.
Dietary and flavor tips
To make this banana bread dietary and flavor friendly, you can give it a spontaneous taste by adding unique ingredients.
- Make them gluten-free. Replace the self-rising flour with gluten-free self-rising flour. I used the Dove Farms version in this recipe.
- Add some mix-ins. Adding some mix-ins makes it deliciously tasty. You can add some little quantity of chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, or blueberry.
- Reduce the sugar content. Reducing the sugar content will make it not as moist and sweet; however, you can replace the condensed milk with your favorite milk of choice.
How to Store Banana Bread
- To store: Banana bread usually goes well at room temperature, covered for 2 – 3 days. You made it in large quantity and wished to keep it longer; store it in the refrigerator, and it will store for up to 1 week.
- To thaw: Let leftover slices of the banana bread come to room temperature.
3 Ingredients Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cups bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup coconut condensed milk or traditional condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour sifted
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F, grease, line a 7 x 4-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the bananas and condensed milk and whisk together until combined. Stir through the flour and mix well until fully incorporated.
Transfer the batter into the greased pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out mostly clean.
Remove the banana bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan completely before slicing.
TO STORE: Banana bread usually goes well at room temperature, covered for 2 – 3 days. You made it in large quantity and wished to keep it longer; store it in the refrigerator, and it will store for up to 1 week.
TO THAW: Let leftover slices of the banana bread come to room temperature.