Let’s discuss how to make beans and corn moi moi recipe.
My yummy beans and corn moi moi are nice, easy to put on your table with some other delicious side dishes such as Akamu, oatmeal, and cereal.
Creating a healthy meal is among my hobbies. The combination of these two nutritious complements made it healthy to be incorporate into your diet plan.
This recipe makes a complete diet because it contains almost all the classes of food needed for a healthy body. Beans are categorized as protein, whereas corn, a cereal crop s grouped under carbohydrates.
The key ingredients used in making this delicious recipe are considered healthy and nutritious since it contains nutritional elements such as vitamins and minerals.
The ingredients include nutmeg, crayfish, onions, chill paper, fresh pepper, ginger, garlic, vegetable oil, beans, corn, cubes.
Here’s how to make delicious beans and corn Moi Moi.
Beans and Corn Moi Moi – Why you should eat this
- It contains protein sources example: beans, crayfish, and others.
- Carbohydrate sources example, corn necessary for energy and vitality.
- It also has other necessary sources of fats and oil, such as vegetable oil, essential for good system functioning.
- It contains essential vitamins and minerals from spices and stimulants such as pepper, onions, tomatoes, Maggi, nutmeg, ginger, and garlic, making it a complete ration for optimal system performance.
How to make Beans and Corn Moi Moi Recipe
- 2 cups of beans
- 1 cup of corn
- 4 tablespoon chilli pepper
- 3 big red bell pepper
- 5 tablespoons habanero pepper
- 2 stock cubes
- 1 root of ginger and garlic
- 2 cooking spoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon ground crayfish
- 1seed nutmeg
- 3 onion
- Warm water (for grinding and mixing)
- Salt (to taste)
Things you need to note before cooking
- The red bell pepper is used mostly to add a nice reddish colour and flavour to the recipe. I love to use Tatashe because it gives the Moi Moi a nice flavour and a good look.
- Grind the corn first before mixing it up with beans. Blend to get a smooth texture.
- For a spicy taste, use tasteless and odourless vegetable oils.
Tools and Equipment
- Aluminium foil, Moi Moi cup, or moi moi local foil.
- Blender or food processor machine
Preparation for Beans and Corn Moi Moi Recipe
- Remove the corn from the shelf, and then peel the beans.
- Firstly blend your corn before mixing it with beans, blend with pepper, nutmeg, onions, crayfish, and mix the recipe thoroughly.
- After blending, shallow fry your onions with vegetable oil for 3 minutes, add up your species and mix thoroughly. Readjust for taste if necessary.
- Set your pot on medium heat with water in it.
- Rub vegetable oil in the cups; for those making foil, this process is not for you.
- Pour the Moi Moi mix into the muffin cups.
- Cover with aluminium foil and fold the foil into the sides of the Moi Moi cup. This aluminium foil prevents the Moi Moi from drying up.
- Cook for 45 minutes. Check it from time to time to ensure there is always water in the pot. If it looks like it is drying up, top up the water.
- When done, leave to cool down completely and bring them out from the pot.
Serve immediately with an oath, rice, or store in the freezer.
Have you made it? Kindly leave your experience in the comment box below.