Here is How to Make an Easy Beef Skewers Recipe (Stick Meat)
Health Benefits of some ingredients used in Make Beef Skewers Recipe
- Beef Provides the antioxidant glutathione. Glutathione is a substance produced naturally by the liver. It is also found in fruits, vegetables, and meats.
- Beef is high in Protein and helps improve muscle mass.
- Beef is extremely rich in minerals.
- Eating beef helps prevent Iron deficiency anemia.
- It contains carnosine, a potent amino acid.
- Beef is high in Vitamins.
Ingredients for Beef Skewers
The following are the ingredients needed for this recipe. You can as well used the vegetables you desire. The purpose is to make your beef skewers look appetizing and colorful.
For example, you can use red bell peppers alternatively of tomatoes. Also, include onions because it tastes good with the fried beef.
- 300g of Best Cut Beef
- 1 medium Green Bell Peppers
- 2 medium plum tomatoes
- 1 large Onion
- 1-2 Stock cubes Knorr
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Salt and dry pepper (to taste)
Before you Make the Beef Skewers
Marinate the beef first
- Cut the beef into small rectangular cuboids and place them in a bowl.
- Add the thyme, pepper, and stock cubes.
- Mix with your hand; it helps the seasoning penetrate the beef.
- Cover and place in the fridge to marinate for about 1 hour.
Prepare other ingredients
- Wash all the vegetables and deseed from the green bell pepper and tomatoes.
- Cut the vegetables into medium rectangles and set these aside.
Preparation of the Beef Skewers
- After 1 hour, bring out the marinated beef and place it in a pot. Add a few drops of water to help with the simmering, cover, and start cooking at medium heat.
- Stir the beef constantly till all the water is absorbed. You don’t want to lose any flavor by pouring away the beef stock. Add salt to taste and set this aside.
- In a different pot, heat some vegetable oil. It would be best if you had at least a depth of 3 inches of vegetable oil.
- When hot, fry the beef pieces till brown and dry. Remember to stir constantly while frying so the pieces will brown evenly.
- When done, put the beef pieces in a sieve lined with paper towels and leave them to cool.
- When cool, thread the fried beef and vegetables one after the other onto the beef sticks. The way you mix the beef and vegetables is completely up to you but make sure the final product looks appetizing and colorful.
Serve with a chilled drink.