Let’s show you 5 Steps On How to Make Delicious Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
What an amazing recipe e have here. Shepherd’s pie recipe is a recipe that originated in England. This recipe is mostly made with a ground lamb filling.
However, you can as well use ground beef; both methods are extremely delicious.
Check out some delicious recipes here:
How to Make Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
Yields:6 – 8
Prep time:0 Hour 20 mins
Total time:1 Hour 25 mins
Ingredients for Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
For the beef mixture:
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 2/3 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. frozen corn
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- 1 1/2 lb. potatoes, peeled
- Kosher salt
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
Directions for Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°, In a large pot, add potatoes with water and add a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and cook until totally soft, 16 to 18 minutes. Drain and return to pot.
- Use a potato masher to mash potatoes until smooth. Add melted butter, milk, and sour cream. Mash together until fully incorporated, then season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Make beef mixture: In a large, ovenproof skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion, carrots, thyme, garlic, and cook until fragrant and tender for 5 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until it is not showing pink, 5 minutes more. Drain fat.
- Stir in frozen peas and corn and cook until warmed through, 3 minutes more—season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle meat with flour and stir to distribute evenly. Cook 1 minute more and add chicken broth. Allow to a simmer and let the mixture thicken slightly for 5 minutes.
- Top beef mixture with an even layer of mashed potatoes and bake until very little liquid is visible and mashed potatoes are golden for about 20 minutes. Broil if desired.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
Serve and enjoy.
Have you made it? Drop your experience in the comment box below.