This Boiled egg sandwich offers up a delicious solution for early morning breakfast, especially for career mothers. It’s one of my go-to snacks, especially when I am in a hurry.
One good thing about sandwich recipes is that you will never run out of ideas about making breakfast. Frequently, I will be making updates on sandwich recipes. In addition, you can create many filling meals with a sandwich, such as small shops, cocktail snacks for kids.
The beautiful thing about this sandwich is its simplicity; it goes so well with any bread.
This sandwich is easy to make. This post is a few ways by which it can be tweaked, then leave you to your imagination.
Things to Note before making Easy Boiled Egg sandwich for Breakfast
- Use one or two of the optional ingredients, not all in the same sandwich.
- If using avocado, toss in 2 teaspoons lemon juice or vinegar to avoid discoloration.
- You can toast the bread before use.
How to Make Easy Boiled Egg sandwich for Breakfast:
- 3 eggs
- 7 slices of bread
- 3 tsp of mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Optional additional ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped spring onions
- 1 firm avocado, chopped
- 1/2 chopped, deseeded tomato
- a few drops of yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped celery
Directions on How to Make Easy Boiled Egg sandwich for Breakfast
- Place the eggs in a small pot, pour enough water to cover the eggs well, and boil for about 10 minutes.
- Drain eggs into a bowl of cold water and place them in the refrigerator. Leave to get cold.
- When the eggs are cold, crack into a clean plate. Then, either chop finely using a sharp knife or mash with a fork or potato masher. Please do not overdo it because you need some texture.
- Add mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Mix to blend.
- Spread the egg mix on one slice of bread. Sprinkle any optional ingredient on top. Cover with a second slice of bread. Trim off the bread crust and slice diagonally.
Serve with tea, coffee, cocoa or chocolate drink, or any juice of your choice.