Let’s discuss Easy Delicious Asian Cole Slaw.
If you love veggies, then this Asian Cole Slaw recipe is for you. Asian slaw is healthy, delicious, colorful, juicy, crunchy, and easy to make ( 30 minutes).
You can prepare this recipe with natural ingredients such as fresh herbs and peaches.
Love it spicy? Spice it up in a tossed tangy miso dressing. Also, there are many flavors and texture to put together with all of the vegetables and fruits.
This Asian slaw recipe is an excellent example of the summer salad’s potential. It’s jam-packed with contrasting textures and flavors. It’d be a perfect side dish for a cookout, but you can enjoy it as a meal on its own.
Ingredients for Asian Cole Slaw Recipe
This Asian slaw recipe is full of fresh ingredients.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Crunchy green and red cabbage. Using a mix of red and green cabbage makes it extra pretty, but it also tastes good with just one variety.
- Charred peppers. I used a mix of Anaheim and banana peppers, but red bell pepper and poblano would also be nice. They add heat, extra color, and yummy charred flavor.
- Peaches. Then add a juicy, sweet contrast to the other savory, crisp elements.
- Seeds or nuts – For crunch and toasty flavor!
- Green onions, cilantro, mint, and basil. This herb gives the slaw with fresh, surprising flavor, but you can make do with what you have if you don’t have all these herbs. Along with the green onions, just one or two herbs would add plenty of flavors.
A delicious ginger miso sauce spice it up more.
Ingredients for slaw
- cashew butter
- lime juice
- sesame oil
- miso, and fresh ginger, so it’s creamy, tangy, nutty, and umami.
Asian Cole Slaw
You’ll love taking this Asian slaw to summer picnics. It’s easy to make ahead,
Recipe type: Side dish
Serves: 4 as a side
- ¼ cup cashew or peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 to 5 tablespoons water, or as needed
For the slaw:
- 6 to 7 cups shredded red and/or green cabbage
- A mix of peppers: I used 3 Anaheim and 3 banana peppers, or use 1 red bell and 1 poblano.
- 2 scallions, chopped
- ½ cup chopped cilantro, including stems
- 2 Thai chiles or 1 serrano pepper, diced
- Sea salt
- ¼ cup toasted peanuts, pepitas, and/or sesame seeds
- 1 ripe peach, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh basil, Thai basil, and/or mint
Directions for Asian Cole Slaw Recipe
- Firstly in a small bowl, make the dressing: whisk together the cashew butter, miso paste, lime juice, sesame oil, and ginger. Whisk in enough water to create a drizzly consistency. Set aside.
- In a dry cast-iron skillet over medium heat, char the peppers whole, rotating until the edges have a little char, about 2 minutes per side. Remove. When cool to the touch, slice in half lengthwise, remove the stem, ribbing, and seeds, and slice horizontally into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, cilantro, peppers, scallions, basil, chiles, and ¾ of the dressing.
- Toss until combined. Add the remaining dressing, if desired, and season to taste with a few pinches of sea salt. Serve topped with the toasted nuts, seeds, and sliced peaches.
Asian Cole Slaw Recipe Serving Suggestions
It’s a great recipe to prep for lunch. Pair it with avocado summer rolls or peanut spring rolls, or enjoy it on its own!
Serve it with whatever you’re grilling, or with one of these fun cookout recipes:
- Black Bean Burger
- Portobello Mushroom Burger
- Cauliflower Po’Boy Sandwich
- BBQ Jackfruit Sandwiches
- Best Veggie Burger