Let me show you the easy Irish stew with beef.
This article will show you another way to enjoy your Irish recipe with beef and veggies. An easy-to-make recipe that you can incorporate within 15 minutes.
Funny enough, this Irish beef stew is packed with lots of nutritional benefits which may help boost overall health.
To get started with this recipe, we have first to know the benefits of the ingredients used.
Easy Irish Stew With Beef
Thinking of powerhouse nutrients, vitamins, and minerals to incorporate into your diet, this recipe is the right way to get it in full.
However, the ingredients used in making this delicious meal has its various health function. Don’t miss out; continue reading to get the complete gist.
Here are the benefits:
1. Irish Potato
Potato is a tuber used for ages as a diet menu for diabetic people and provides lots of health benefits.
These benefits include:
- Irish potatoes are loaded with vitamins and minerals, although the variety and preparation method can affect the nutritional content.
- It is are a good source of antioxidants, which may reduce the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes, and certain cancers.
- It contains resistant starch, which may help reduce insulin resistance. As a result, it can help improve blood sugar control.
- Irish potatoes are naturally gluten-free, making them a good food choice for patients with celiac disease or non-celiac gluten sensitivity.
- Irish potatoes are delicious and easy to add to your diet. Develop means of enjoying your Irish potato by boiling, baking, or steaming them and consuming them with the skin intact.
Beef is originally composed of protein and varying amounts of fat. In this recipe, I reduce the amount of beef then increase the number of vegetables. This will end up having fewer calories, less fat, and more fiber.
- Beef protein is extremely nutritious and may promote muscle maintenance and growth. It contains varying amounts of fat, including CLA, which has been shown to possess some health benefits.
- Beef is a great source of various vitamins and minerals. These include vitamin B12, zinc, selenium, iron, niacin, and vitamin B6.
- It contains several bioactive substances, such as creatine, taurine, CLA, and cholesterol.
Eating small portion sizes is the key.
The benefits of garlic have been recognized for centuries to treat all kinds of illnesses. Garlic contains healing properties, which made it significantly a perfect herb to take.
- Garlic is loaded with vitamins and minerals like manganese, selenium, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and other antioxidants, including allicin.
It has anti-inflammatory benefits and helps blood flow easily through the body.
Garlic can reduce cardiovascular disease risk by lowering your cholesterol.
- It helps boost the immune system and reduces the length of cold and flu symptoms.
Carrots are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals.
- The beta carotene compound makes it superpower eye health.
- The two main antioxidants (carotenoids and anthocyanins) in carrots have been shown to reduce cancer risk.
- The antioxidant in carrots also is good for a healthy heart. Also, the fiber in carrots makes them perfect for weight management.
- The vitamin C in carrots helps your body build antibodies that defend your immune system.
How to make Easy Irish Stew With Beef
I used beef chuck, which is less traditional. Whatever choice of meat you choose, this stew is extremely delicious.
Easy Irish Stew With Beef – Recipe
- 4tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 lb. beef chuck stew meat, cubed into 1″ pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 c. low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (16-oz.) bottle Guinness
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- Freshly chopped parsley, for serving
Easy Irish Stew With Beef – Directions
- In medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Season beef with salt and pepper, then add to pot and cook on all sides until seared, 10 minutes. Transfer beef to a plate.
- Add the remaining tablespoon oil and cook onion, carrots, and celery until soft, 5 minutes in the same pot. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add beef back to heat, then add potatoes, broth, beer, and thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and let simmer until beef and potatoes are tender, 30 minutes.
- Here comes my parsley, garnish with parsley before serving.
Have you made this recipe? Then rate your experience in the comments section below.