Let’s make a delicious easy Plantain Pancakes Recipe.
This plantain pancakes recipe is a very easy-to-make recipe. You don’t need to add sugar because plantain alone contains natural sugar.
This recipe is completely perfect for breakfast or dinner.
Easy Plantain Pancakes
Do you always trash your overripe plantains? Do you know that with your overripe plantain, you can make varieties of the recipe? With overripe plantain, you make some delicious meals, of which easy plantain pancakes are among the healthy recipe to make with overripe plantain.
In Nigeria, you get to have lots of plantains littered in the market during the dry season. Surprisingly at this period, I usually make use of overripe plantain for a different dish.
So I keep coming up with ways to use overripe plantains, so no longer normally.
I enjoyed these pancakes mostly for dinner because it is a weight loss-free meal. They are soft, fluffy, slightly sweet with a hint of cinnamon.
Ingredients for Easy Plantain Pancakes Recipe
Notably, the ingredients used in this recipe are the same as that of pancake, but the slit difference is the added blended plantains.
- Overripe plantains. The plantains should be very ripe with dark spots and soft when pressed.
- Dried milk powder
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Cinnamon powder. For flavor (cinnamon and plantains go well together in desserts)
- Water. You could replace water with liquid milk then omit the dried milk powder.
Easy Plantain Pancakes Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Things to Note before making Easy Plantain Pancakes Recipe
- Plantain pancakes are made of sweet plantains, no need to add sugar because the sweetness from the plantains is enough!
- They are slightly sweet, with a hint of cinnamon and an amazing plantain flavor. These pancakes are perfect for breakfast, brunch, snacking, or breakfast for dinner.
- You can replace water with liquid milk then omit the dried milk powder.
Easy Plantain Pancakes Recipe
- Three plantains, yellow with black spots and soft to the touch
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 grams)
- ¼ cup dry milk powder
- One teaspoon salt
- One tablespoon baking powder
- One teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Four large eggs, room temperature
- One teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups water (500 ml)
- Unsalted butter or oil for cooking the pancakes
Directions on Easy Plantain Pancakes Recipe
- Peel the plantains then cut them into 1-inch circles. Add them to a blender or food processor and blend them into a puree. If your blender can’t puree the plantains, easily pour in a part of the water in this recipe to help puree the plantains.
- Mix all the dried ingredients in a bowl (flour, salt, milk powder, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon). Whisk together to combine.
- Mix wet ingredients. Pour the plantain puree into a large bowl. Add the 2 cups of water or the remaining water from blending the plantains. Also, add the eggs to the bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Add the flour mixture to the plantain puree mixture and mix well to combine until there are no streaks of flour left. Once the mixture is combined, stop mixing.
- Cook the pancakes on a griddle or frying pan. Set a skillet or frying pan on medium heat. Generously rub the pan with butter or oil. Add quarter cup fulls of the batter to the pan to make one pancake, leaving at least a 1-inch gap between each pancake. Let it cook until bubbles form on top—about two minutes. Then flip to the other side and let it cook for another 2 minutes. Remove pancakes from the pan and repeat the process with the rest of the batter.
- Serve warm with butter, maple syrup, and some fruit.