Let’s show you how to make an easy-to-bake Sandwich Bread (No-kneading!).
The very first day I made sandwich bread, the outcome wasn’t that pleasing.
This post will show you the easiest way to make a loaf of sandwich bread. Only simple ingredients can make you a perfect recipe.
Let’s cook; please kindly drop your first experience in the comment box below.
Nutritional Facts of Sandwich Bread Recipe
- Carbohydrates: 268g
- Protein: 51g
- Saturated Fat: 22g
- Sodium: 1533mg
- Sugar: 41g
- Vitamin A: 1313IU
- Calcium: 411mg
- Iron: 3mg
Things to Notes Before Baking Sandwich Bread Recipe:
- Make sure to use a huge bowl; the dough rises a lot.
- Normally, I add an egg to the dough; the reason is that it gives it a golden and shiny crust. Though it is optional, I often recommend you use it.
- Always leave the dough in a warm place to help it rise faster. If left in a cold place, it will take a longer time to rise.
- I prefer using margarine, but you may substitute it with butter. Remember not to add salt when using margarine.
- I used instant yeast for this recipe. However, you can use active yeast. If you choose to use active yeast, I’ll advise you to check it first in the warm milk before adding it to the dry mixture.
How to Bake Sandwich Bread Recipe
Ingredients for Baking Sandwich Bread Recipe
- 5 cups bread Flour
- 1 egg for egg wash – optional
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1½ Tbsp Yeast
- 2½ Cups Warm Milk About 105 and 110°F
- 4 Tbsp butter
Instructions for Baking Sandwich Bread Recipe
Add the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast to a large bowl. Mix and create a well at the center.
Add the butter and the milk. Stir with a wooden spoon till a wet mass of dough is formed. About 1-2 minutes.
Cover the bowl and leave to rest for five minutes. After five minutes, open the bowl and mix again for a few seconds.
You can now cover and leave to rest for 45 minutes to one hour.
Now, prepare two 9×5 loaf pans by brushing them with butter and sprinkling some flour to coat all the inside of the pan.
Remove the dough from the bowl, place it on a lightly floured work surface and divide it into two halves.
Shape the dough into loaves – it’s very soft, so it needs to be handled carefully.
Carefully place the shaped dough inside the loaf pan.
Cover the pan with a clean damp kitchen towel and leave to rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
Bake in a 375F preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean.
Serve with your desired juice drink ( Optional). Enjoy.