Let’s show you an Easy Way to Make Efo Riro recipes.
- First, get your core ingredients ready. Efo Riro is a speedy cooking dish.
- Using tomatoes for this recipe is totally zero because tomatoes may not give it the real taste. All you need for soup is scotch and bell pepper.
- This recipe doesn’t need too much seasoning; the only thing needed is your chicken/beef stock. Try to your possible best to seasoning your meats well, as the stock determines the taste of the soup.
- Using palm oil for this recipe can be the best thing because other vegetable oils don’t give it that real taste.
- Fry your meats lightly to improve the appearance and taste of your Efo Riro.
Ingredients For Efo Riro Recipe
- 2 bunches Ugwu leaves ( you can also use Spinach or Soko)
- 11/2 scotch bonnet (Rodo)
- 1/2 cup Palm Oil
- 3 medium /2 big size bell peppers (tatashe)
- 11/2 medium-size red onions
- Assorted meats of your choice (Kpomo, Shaki, cow leg, smoked turkey, or beef are ideal)
- Smoked catfish
- 1 tablespoon Locust beans (Iru)
- Dried stockfish (Panla)
- 1/2 cup raw/cooked prawns (Optional)
- 4 tablespoons ground Crayfish
- 1/4 cup smoked prawns (Optional)
- 2 Knorr chicken cubes or any bullion cubes of your choosing.
- Salt to taste
Preparation For Efo Riro Recipe
- season the meats, add sliced onions and boil on medium heat. Remember to boil your shaki or promo meats first, then add the softer ones. Just before it’s fully cooked, add the Stockfish, boil till tender, and set aside.
- Wash your vegetables thoroughly with hot water to get rid of all traces of dirt, be careful not to in soak in hot water for too long to retain the nutrients. Slice or chop according to your preference and set aside.
- Blend the scotch bonnets and bell peppers, and onion coarsely and set aside.
- Add the palm oil into a large pot, leave to heat up on medium heat for 2 minutes. Then add onions, fry till fragrant.
- Add the locust beans, fry to release the flavor for another minute.
- Now add the blended pepper and two Knorr cubes, let that fry for 15-20 minutes thereabouts or until the pepper dries out and the size reduces by almost half.
- The consistency should be thick, as pictured below.
- Add a bit of the meat stock/ chicken stock; if you haven’t got stock, add water, be careful not to add too much. Just one cup should do.
- Allow boiling for 2-3 minutes to combine, then add the assorted meats, prawns, crayfish, stockfish, and catfish.
Stir and taste, adjust seasoning if required. Leave to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Now add the washed vegetables, stir thoroughly.
- Lower the heat, allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes with the residual heat, and it’s ready.
Your meal is ready. This recipe can go with any side dish.
Finally, please share your experience in the comment section below. See you in my next post.