Let’s show you How to Cook the Egusi Soup frying method With Ugu Leaf.
Egusi soup frying method is a popular recipe with various options on how you can cook it. The cooking method depends on the choice or health condition of an individual.
How to Cook Egusi Soup frying method
Ingredients for Egusi Soup frying method
- 2.5 Cups Egusi (toasted and blended)
- Any Protein of your choice ( Meat)
- Fresh peppers
- 2 Rodo (adjust to your preference)
- Vegetable of your choice
- 2 Onions
- 1 Tablespoon dawadawa/locust beans
- 1 cup mixture of shredded dried shrimps and fish (soaked in hot water and salt)
- 2 Tablespoons grounded fish and crayfish
- 1 Cup Palm oil (or more)
- Salt to taste
- 2 knorr cubes
Preparation of Egusi Soup Frying Method
- Rinse and boil your meat altogether ( Meat Stacokfish, Dry fish), cook to tender, set aside.
- Place your saucepan on medium heat, add vegetable oil, diced onions, and locust beans (dawadawa); stir well until they become translucent.
- Add the blended ingredients. Cover to cook for about 7-8 (stir in between to avoid burning).
- Remove the cover and start adding your seasoning, salt( be careful when adding salt, egusi absorbs salt easily), curry, grounded crayfish, and the uziza seed).
- Grab another pot, place on medium heat, add palm oil. Then go ahead to add the egusi seed, fry, and stir until the palm oil starts floating on top.
- Remove the fried Egusi and stir it in the previous soup and mix both thoroughly.
- Allow it to cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, add your preferred leafy green: Ugu leaves. Allow cooking on low heat for about 2 minutes before you stir.
- Now stir everything together, and turn off the heat.
Your Egusi Soup is ready!
Enjoy with any swallow of your choice.