Let’s show you Easy To Make Greek-Style Baked Cod Recipe with Lemon and Garlic.
What are the Health Benefits Connected with Greek-Style Baked Cod Recipe with Lemon and Garlic?
Some of the ingredients used for this recipe are so natural and healthy for overall health. Let’s discuss the benefits of the ingredients in detail, which, after the end of this article, you crave a taste.
The vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats discovered in cod give important health benefits.
- Code is rich in vitamin B12, an essential part of your body’s nerve and blood cells. Vitamin B12 can also help prevent anemia by keeping your red blood cells in good condition.
- It contains a good source of Omega-3 fatty acid, which helps lower triglycerides, a type of unhealthy cholesterol.
- Furthermore, Omega-3 has been shown to reduce blood pressure and also helps to reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Consuming fish like cod regularly can help keep your brain in good condition as you age.
Garlic contains lots of healthy vitamins and minerals. Interestingly, this plant can be used as an herb to care for so many health challenges.
- It contains sulfur compounds, which are believed to bring some health benefits.
- Garlic is low in calories and rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6, and manganese. It also contains trace amounts of various other nutrients.
- The supplements help prevent and reduce the severity of common illnesses like the flu and common cold.
- High doses of garlic improve blood pressure for those with known high blood pressure (hypertension).
- Garlic seems to reduce total and LDL cholesterol, mostly in those who have high cholesterol. HDL cholesterol and triglycerides do not seem to be affected.
Parsley is a flowering plant native to the Mediterranean. Parsley has been used to treat conditions like high blood pressure, allergies, and inflammatory diseases.
- Parsley is a low-calorie, nutrient-dense herb. It’s particularly rich in vitamins K, A, and C.
- It contains various antioxidants like flavonoids and vitamin C that may provide cancer-fighting benefits.
- Parsley contains powerful antioxidants, which may help prevent cell damage and lower your risk of certain diseases.
- Parsley is rich in folate, a B vitamin that protects your heart and may reduce your risk of heart disease.
This fruit may pair well with some of your favorite dishes and is also loaded with nutrients that help to promote weight loss and other health benefits.
- Lemons contain vitamins and nutrients that can boost your body, such as vitamin C, calcium, potassium, and folate.
- It may have anti-cancer benefits. According to research, the chemical in lemons can help prevent the development of oral tumors.
- Lemon juice is shown to help prevent kidney stones by raising the urine’s citrate levels.
- It helps lower blood sugar. Eating fruit high in fiber can help keep your blood glucose in line, helping to prevent increases in the risk of diabetes.
How does this Cod Recipe Works?
Cod fillet is a nice and delicious meal you can think of. With just a little dedicate time, you can make this your kitchen.
However, Cod fillet is a mild-tasting fish, so spicy it up is the best way to enjoy and get the real taste. Make sure to use the listed ingredients in this article.
The Cod recipe can be coated with a spiced flour mixture such as paprika, cumin, coriander. All you need is just quickly seared and baked with lemon juice, lots of minced garlic, and Greek olive oil.
What to serve with this Greek-Style Baked Cod Recipe?
Mediterranean Greek-Style Baked Cod Recipe
Ingredients for Greek-Style Baked Cod Recipe
- 1.5 lb Cod fillet pieces, 4-6 pieces
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
Lemon Juice Mixture
- 5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¾ tsp sweet Spanish paprika
Directions for Greek-Style Baked Cod Recipe
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Mix lemon juice, olive oil, and melted butter in a shallow bowl. Set aside
In another shallow bowl, mix all-purpose flour, spices, salt, and pepper. Set next to the lemon juice mixture.
Pat fish fillet dry. Dip fish in the lemon juice mixture, then dip in the flour mixture. Shake off excess flour. Reserve the lemon juice mixture for later.
Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat (watch the oil to ensure it is shimmering but not smoking). Add fish and sear on each side to give it some color, but do not fully cook (about a couple of minutes on each side). Remove from heat.
To the remaining lemon juice mixture, add the minced garlic and mix. Drizzle all over the fish fillets.
Bake in the heated oven until it begins to flake easily with a fork for 10 minutes; it should be okay, but check continuously to avoid been burnt. Remove from heat and sprinkle chopped parsley.