This Herb Roasted Turkey is so easy to make, and with just 7 ingredients such as flavor from herbs and minced garlic can land this dinner recipe on your table.
Here’s how to make a delicious Herb Roasted Turkey Recipe
Ingredients need for delicious Herb Roasted Turkey Recipe
With these key ingredients, you can get started.
- Herbs: Rosemary, Thyme, Sage, and Parsley
- Bouillon Powder (Stock Powder)
- Black Pepper
Things to Note before making this delicious recipe
- Mix butter, minced garlic, herbs, bouillon powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Rub the garlic herb butter underneath the turkey skin and all over the turkey. Stuff the cavity of the turkey with more herbs.
- At room temperature, marinate your turkey. The turkey needs to be at room temperature so the butter can easily penetrate through it.
- Tuck the turkey wings underneath the bird’s back.
- Tie the legs of the bird with twine.
- Transfer the bird to an oven.
- Roast in temperature of 165° Fahrenheit.
How to know if Herb Roasted Turkey Recipe is ready for consumption
It is very easy to identify when the roasted turkey is ready for consumption. When the turkey is done, the meat will run clear. Cut a slit on a turkey breast. If the juices run clear, then the turkey is done.
More so, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the turkey. It is read at 165° Fahrenheit (About 70 ° Celsius) then the turkey is done.
Tools used for making roasted turkey
- Roasting Pan
- Meat Thermometer
- Serving Platter
Best side dish for an herb-roasted turkey recipe
- Sautéed Vegetables
- Glazed Carrots
- Baked Mac and Cheese
- Roasted Vegetables
- Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
How to make delicious Herb Roasted Turkey Recipe
- 7-9 pound turkey (thawed and at room temperature)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 17 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 tbsp minced rosemary
- ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp thyme fresh, plucked from stems
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp chicken bouillon powder
- ½ tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 handful sprigs of herbs, for stuffing turkey cavity I used 2 springs rosemary, 4 sprigs thyme, 1 sprig sage
Directions on Herb Roasted Turkey Recipe
- Preheat oven to 450° Fahrenheit (230° Celsius).
- Squeeze lemon juice over room temperature turkey.
- Grind your garlic. Add butter, minced garlic, rosemary, thyme, parsley, sage, chicken bouillon powder, salt, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Rub the garlic herb butter underneath the turkey wings and all over the turkey—Reserve 2 tablespoons of the garlic herb butter.
- Tuck the turkey wings under the body of the bird.
- Tie the turkey together using kitchen twine.
- Stuff the turkey with a handful of herbs.
- Transfer the turkey to a roasting pan.
- Roast at 450° Fahrenheit (230° Celsius) for 30 minutes. Remove the bird from the oven and carefully brush the reserved 2 tablespoons of garlic butter all over the turkey.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350° Fahrenheit (180° Celsius). Place the turkey back into the oven and let it cook for one hour. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the turkey at 165° Fahrenheit or 70° Celsius.
Serve on a platter and garnish with herbs like rosemary, thyme, or parsley.