Let’s show you How to Cook Easy Okro soup.
Ingredients for Easy Okro soup
- Sliced Okra (a medium-size bowl full)
- Fluted Pumpkin leaves (as desired) optional
- Utizi leaf
- 1 medium onion
- Stockfish head (medium size)
- 1 kg of meat
- 1 big smoke ice fish
- 2 medium sizes frozen mackerel.
- 2 knorr cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 200ml Red (palm) oil
- Half cup of ground crayfish
Preparation for Easy Okro soup
- Rinse the meat, stockfish, and smoke icefish. Add 1 knorr, onions, and salt cook for some minutes. Allow the protein to tender. Remove the fish and continue cooking the meat until it becomes soft. I like to boil the meat, then use very little while making the real soup; the whole spice would likely be left in the stock (meat water) after parboiling.
- Blend the crayfish, dawadawa, pepper.
- Rinse and chop your vegetables.
- Add palm oil to the cooking protein with your blend crayfish, dawadawa, and pepper. Allow simmering for 5 minutes.
- You should add the sliced okra at this point; stir. Drop the cooked mackerel fish on top. Allow simmering for 3-4 minutes, and you are done with this delicious soup.
Serve with eba, fufu, semo, pounded yam, or your favorite African swallow.
- Advertisement -
See you in my next recipe.