Let’s show you How to Make an Easy Okra Recipe with Baby Corn.
Before we go into the proper preparation, Let’s discuss the meaning and health benefits of these ingredients used.
Benefits of Okra Recipe and baby corn
- Okra is an excellent source of vitamins C and K1. Vitamin C is a water-soluble nutrient that contributes to your overall immune function, while vitamin K1 is a fat-soluble vitamin that’s known for its role in blood clotting.
- Okra recipe contains antioxidants found in food that fend off damage from harmful molecules called free radicals.
- Okra contains a thick gel-like substance called mucilage, which can bind to cholesterol during digestion, causing it to be excreted with stools rather than absorbed into your body.
Baby corn is regular corn that is hand-picked before maturing. Their nutrient profile varies slightly with the mature corn.
The beneficial elements are listed below.
- Baby corn is low in carbs; they hold a lower starch content.
- It contains healthy dietary fiber. Fiber is a nutrient that is required to keep the digestive tract healthy.
- Contains a good Source of Folate. Folate is necessary for the brain development of the growing fetus and to prevent neural tube defects.
Ingredients Of Okra Recipe With Baby Corn
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3 onions, sliced
- 1/2 tsp onion seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 green chillies (split)
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp red chillies (crushed)
- 3 tsp garlic, shredded
- 1/2 kg okra (split in half)
- 250 gms baby corn
- 2 tomatoes (de-seeded), peeled
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
How to Make Okra Recipe with Baby Corn
- Fry onions in hot oil. Add the onion seeds, fennel seeds, and mustard seeds. Season with salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add shredded garlic and crushed red chillies. Fry till onions brown and stir in the okra.
- Add baby corn, green chillies, and coriander, and lemon juice.
- Add tomatoes just before serving.
Enjoy your meal.