Let us show you How to make Lemon Curd.
Lemon curd is a homemade recipe, deliciously made with 5 ingredients. These ingredients have nutritional facts attached to them. Remember, every recipe is interlinked with each other.
How to make Lemon Curd
Ingredients to use
- Fresh lemons
- Eggs yolks
However, each ingredient used serves its own purpose for flavouring and thinking. The Sugar added sweetness; the egg yolks serve as a thinking substance that thickens the curd. We all know the work of salt; salt brings out the taste, and butter for making it creamy.
Also Read: Carrot and Orange Juice Recipe
PROCEDURES ON HOW TO MAKE THE LEMON CURD
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fresh lemon juice (about 1–2 lemons)
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup (69g) sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp (42g) salted butter
HOW TO USE LEMON CURD
- It can be added to your yogurt, pancake or can be used to bake with
- It may be used in cakes, e.g., lemon cake, lemon meringue cupcake, mini lemon raspberry cheesecakes, and many more.
- Lemon curd is best enjoyed when made at home
HOW TO MAKE EASY LEMON CURD
- All the ingredients are cooked over a double boiler.
- Place a metal bowl over a pot of simmering water if you don’t have a double boiler. This method of cooking is so that you don’t cook the eggs too suddenly and end up with scrambled eggs.
- Heat the mixture until it thickened and smooth.
- You can eyeball it and see that it’s done when it coats the back of a spoon, or use a thermometer to see when it reaches 160 degrees. Anyway, the thermometer is the best because It helps make sure that it’s hot enough for the eggs to be safe to eat, but not so hot that it ends up too thick.
- Serve with your desired meal. Lemon curd is most helpful when well covered and consumed within 1-2 weeks.