Let’s make Mushroom hash – mushroom sauce.
If you’ve not tasted mushrooms before, this is the right time to join the mushroom family. In my last article, I discussed in detail the health benefit and various types of mushrooms.
Mushroom is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, and also it’s a perfect dish for weight management.
However, to get more details on the health benefit of mushrooms, click this link:https://www.myhealthpost.com/nutritional-facts-of-mushroom/.
This recipe can go well for both breakfast, lunch, and dinner with these listed dish sides below:
I used butter to replaced olive oil because I love using butter in cooking. But you can as well make use of any healthy vegetable oil that’s cholesterol-free.
Also, I enjoyed this recipe more with a fry cubes potato as a side dish, but you can add these fried cubed potatoes to the hash and then cook so that the potato can absorb the flavors.
Things to notes before making mushroom hash
- Do not soak your mushrooms or let them sit in water when you rinse them, or else they will soak up the water.
- Wash mushrooms just before using.
- Mushrooms are sometimes grown in manure, so I prefer to rinse them in water rather than wiping them with a damp cloth.
How to make Mushroom Hash
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (300g)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped, de-seeded tomato (1 very large/3 small)
- 2 scotch bonnet, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped (optional) salt
- 2 seasoning cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoons dry thyme
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Rinse mushrooms in water using a sieve, and drain into a paper towel.
- Sliced Mushrooms.
- Pour oil into a saucepan and place over high heat.
- When the oil is scalding, add mushroom, onions, and salt; it should sizzle.
- Fry until they are browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, thyme, and seasoning cubes.
- Fry until it smells aromatic.
- Add tomato, scotch bonnet, and green bell pepper.
- Cover and cook until tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Add the knob of butter and stir. Take off the heat.
Serve and enjoy fried or boiled potato cubes, yam, plantains, rice, sweet potatoes, toast, fried egg.
Have you made it? Kindly leave your experience in the comment box below.