Let’s talk about Seafood Okra Soup: Can this Recipe Benefit Your Health?
Seafood Okra soup packs many antioxidants that benefit your health. It’s rich in magnesium, folate, fiber, antioxidants, vitamin C, K1, and A.
Okra soup has great potentials for those maintaining a keto diet. The preparation and ingredients used make it natural, healthy for the skin, and delicious to eat.
Don’t miss out on this recipe; it may end up becoming your favorite meal. Follow the preparation, and you will get it perfectly right.
Seafood Okra Soup Ingredients
The following are the necessary ingredients. You can add any seafood of your choice, provided you can afford it.
- 30 okra fingers
- 2 medium fish
- 4 small seasoning cubes
- Salt (to your taste)
- 2 cups shrimps
- 500g beef
- ¼ cup red palm oil
- 2 handfuls ugu or spinach
- 1 sweet pepper
- 1 red onion
- Habanero peppers (to your taste)
Preparation of Seafood Okra Soup
- Clean the fish, then cut them into sizeable pieces,
- Shell and de-vein the shrimps.
- Hand cut or grate the okra.
- Chop the peppers. I prefer chopping, so they are still visible in the soup. You can blend or pound them in the mortar.
- Chop the spinach.
- Dice the onions.
- Cook the beef with the stock cubes and half of the diced onions.
- When done, remove the beef and add the fish. Cook for 5 minutes, at most 7 minutes, so it does not disintegrate, then gently take them out.
- Add the shrimps and cook for 5 minutes and take them out.
- Add the red palm oil; once it heats up, it adds the remaining onions, fry for a bit.
- Add the okra and fry till it heats up all over.
- Start adding the stock bit by bit and stir very well to activate the elasticity of the okra.
- When all the stock has been added, add the peppers and the spinach—cover and cook for 1-minute maximum.
- Add the fish and shrimps, add salt if necessary, and stir l thoroughly.
The Seafood Okra Soup is ready to be served with Fufu.