Let’s tell you How to Make an Easy, Soaked Wheat Pumpkin Recipe.
Soaked wheat pumpkin recipe or Sweet Potato Muffins are incredibly moist and nutritious. These simple recipes will make you not run out of ideas on what to make for breakfast.
However, always remember that a healthy breakfast is a beautiful means to brighten your day’s activity.
These soaked ingredients are naturally sweet, especially when adding 1 teaspoon of honey. Please don’t be nervous; it is easy and simple to make.
But though I will admit, you need to soak it for some hours or overnight to get the actual result.
What you need to know about the soaked wheat pumpkin recipe
- Soaked wheat pumpkin is loaded with beta-carotene, a precursor to vitamin A, useful for healthy vision, skin, and brain function.
- It is naturally sweetened with honey.
- Easily be stored in the freezer and is a great choice for school lunches.
- Made using a simple process called “soaking,” the flour is first soaked overnight in an acidic medium.
Why should I soak my wheat?
It would help if you soaked your grains; it gives it a delicious flavor. This process involves soaking the flour in water and acidic fruits such as apple cider vinegar or lemon juice for a period of 12-24 hours before cooking.
- Soaked flour holds a substance called “phytic acid, “which hinders our body’s from absorbing calcium, iron, copper, magnesium, and zinc. The flour activates an enzyme called ”phytase” which helps break down the phytic acid. However, making it easier for the intestines to absorb these nutrients.
- Soaking the flour helps break down complex starches.
For a sweet potato puree, you can poke holes in your sweet potato with a fork several times and bake until tender, 45 to 50 minutes. Allow to cool, cut in half, and scoop out the soft flesh.
Soaked Wheat Pumpkin recipe or Sweet Potato Muffins
Ingredients for Soaked Wheat Pumpkin recipe
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour* I use freshly ground organic flour
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup nuts or chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/2-3/4 cup honey depending on your sweet tooth!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (or sweet potato puree)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup water
Directions Soaked Wheat Pumpkin recipe
- Mix the flour a night before the cooking proper. Mix with water, yogurt, and butter in a large bowl. Cover well and leave on the counter (at room temperature, NOT in the fridge) overnight, or between 12 and 24 hours.
- The next morning, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into muffin cups and bake for about 12-15 minutes at 350°F (180°C). Insert a toothpick at the center; if it comes out clean, then know that the muffin is done.
- The time will depend on the size of your muffin cups, so keep an eye on them.